Using 21st Century Skills to foster 21st Century Learning
It is probably not surprising to you that technology now plays an important role in the classroom but you may not be sure what that means for you as the teacher. You should know that the current National Education Technology Standards for teachers include the following competencies:
- Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
- Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
- Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
- Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
These are the expectations that we have for the modern classroom teacher.
Online Professional Development Works!
Technology plays an important role in the classroom and educators must provide students with relevant experience and guidance. By engaging in technology-based professional development you are already embracing one of the new ways that technology is playing a role in education.
Click HERE to review the results of a study conducted by Boston College that demonstrated that online professional development works for both educators and their students!
Free Resources for Educators
The internet has a ton of great, free stuff for educators. We've compiled a list for you to make it easy. A few of these sites do include some paid offerings in addition to free ones.
Lesson Plans and Filler Activities
Chats and Forums
- Check out the many FREE YouTube videos on the use and troubleshooting of interactive Promethean Boards SMART Boards
- Check out the many FREE YouTube videos on the use and troubleshooting of interactive SMART Boards
EDTrainingCenter is a premier provider of substitute teacher training as well as professional development for all educators. Select the training category of interest to you.
Introductory Teacher Training
Accredited PD and Compliance
Child Abuse Identification - NYSED approved